All you need to know about crowns
If your teeth are not in shape, or you want to fix a broken tooth, crowns are the best option for you. By getting a crown placed on your teeth you can improve your smile as well as can strengthen your teeth.
When you need a crown?
You need a crown if:
- Your have undergone root canal treatment
- After tooth filling procedure, dentist can place a crown to strengthen your tooth
- You had a dental implant
- You can also use crowns for cosmetic reasons
In dentistry, dental crowns are one of the most preferred procedures. It is very expensive in many countries. But now there are many economical options available to get treatments worldwide while enjoying your holiday trip.
Many dental tourists come to India for dental crowns as well as other dental remedial measures. This is a very good alternative to them as they can explore new places as well as get their treatment done
The process on average requires two visits with the dentist. You can read the process below:
- In the first visit doctor will prepare the tooth for the crown, take impressions of your mouth and place a temporary crown.
- In the next visit, he will fix the crown permanently on the tooth.
Materials used in crown
Dental crowns are generally made of following materials:
- Porcelain fused to metal
- Gold alloy
All of these have their own pros and cons, which is suitable for your teeth, your dentist will discuss with you.